Tuesday, March 26, 2013

IN GOD WE TRUST...

True story:
A few days ago, I stopped at a travel center on I-10 for no explicable reason. That is not like me. I did not need fuel, was not hungry and did not need to use the facilities. But I pulled in and looked around a few minutes, wondering why I was there. Leaving the parking lot, I spotted a fellow holding a sign that said, "Traveling and stranded. Anything will help." He had a half-starved dog with him. I went over, handed him a dollar bill and a bottle of water for him and his dog, then left. (I keep bottles of water and singles handy for just that purpose.)
Pulling back onto the interstate, phrases I always quote people flooded my mind: Do something kind for someone who is in no position to repay you. Practice random acts of kindness daily. The verse from the Bible that says - Give and it shall be given unto you. And all that stuff about "tenfold". I thought this strange as I always give from the heart with no thought of re-compensation.
I went about my busy day afterwards and it did not cross my mind again...till later that evening.
After enjoying some family time at the county fair, I looked down to see money on the ground as we walked back to the truck. I knew it was paper money at first glance, so I bent down to pick it up, smiling at my good luck. A chill went through me however as I bent over and realized the bill was folded so the words, IN GOD WE TRUST were staring up at me. It was a $10 bill. 

I knew instantly God had given me a sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NATIVE REMEDIES!

PetAlive Effective Remedies for Your Pet